The mission of our enterprise model:
The main mission of the enterprises represented by CECOP is the creation and preservation of sustainable jobs and economic activities, from the perspective of local development and wealth generation; part of them also have the mission of delivering of quality services of general interest as their key mission.
Together, the workers, the producers and, in some cases, also the users of those enterprises contribute to building a fairer Europe by bringing democracy and solidarity within the workplace.
Industrial and service cooperatives: building European democracy
Our role as a European confederation:
1. representation and advocacy of industrial and service cooperatives toward the EU institutions, other European-level organisations, national governments and other components of the cooperative movement.
2. networking by coordinating members’ activities, definition of common strategies and positions, promotion of entrepreneurial development, training and exchange, etc.
3. Contributing to the development of industrial and service cooperatives across Europe.
4. fostering the creation and development of national representative organisations of industrial and service cooperatives in European countries where these do not exist, and by identifying groups of persons and enterprises willing to establish dedicated federations.
5. Producing knowledge, information and studies on industrial and service cooperatives to the policy-makers, general public and members of the cooperative movement.